Dear OVBA families:
Well this is exciting... FINALLY, am I right?
The Following Schedule has been confirmed starting Monday 8/31/2020:
PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE SCHEDULE according to Grades in school that are currently newly in Session:
GYM LOCATION :::: Exclusively Sporting Chance Center (Currently)
10u / 11u / 12u
4th / 5th / 6th grades
Monday @ 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Thursday @ 6:00pm - 7:30pm
13u / 14u
7th / 8th Grades
Tuesday @ 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Friday @ 4:30pm - 6:30pm
High School (15U / 16U) (NOTE: If your player was previously 14U this schedule NOW immediately applies)
15U / 16U / 17U (All High School Players) - 3 Practices a week
Monday @ 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Tuesday @ 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Thursday @ 4:00pm - 6:00pm
TEAMS MOST Affected by the "Age-up" that happens every August:
* Players that were 12U 6th Graders when the Covid19 shutdown happened are NOW aged up to : 7th Grade "13U" players and should follow 13U schedule above
* Players that were 14U 8th Graders when the Covid19 shutdown happened are NOW aged up to : High School "15U" and should follow the High School Schedule
* ALL Players have "aged up" but only these specifically mentioned have crossed over to a different practice schedule then the level they were previously.
Review of SCC's Covid19 Procedures:
Visitors and Users
· All persons are required to wear masks when in the facility, including while participating in any on-court activity. This will include all athletes and coaches during their sessions on the courts.
· We will check the temperature of every person who enters the SCC. Persons indicating temperature in excess of 101.4 degrees will not be permitted in the facility.
· Physical distancing will be enforced throughout the Center, except where on-court activity does not allow it.
· No hugs, high fives, huddles, or hand shaking.
· For basketball, only skills and shooting drills – no competitive play
· Participants and their guests should exit the Center as soon as possible after completion of the activity.
· Please limit spectators to adults, no younger siblings during phase 1.
· Other protocols may be put in place to promote safety, including limiting number of persons on courts.
Our Staff and Facility
Here are some of the things we are doing to make your experience safe:
Employee wellness checks before every shift
Facial masks for all employees
Increased sanitation of all touch areas
Elimination of some high touch areas
Reduced Center capacity
Social distancing measures inside the facility
Program organizers will be required to adhere to all Center guidelines and staff instructions, and to ensure that all of their participants and guests comply. Failure to comply will result in organizers, participants, and guests being required to leave the facility, without refund of facility rental fee.
Thank you for your cooperation and courtesy as we do our best to safely “rebound and return” to activity at the SCC.